About

Friday 17 June 2016

Sims 2: Ye Olde - The Test Of Time Challenge! (Post 1: Introduction)

The Land Of Challenge. My creative naming skills will be shown all the time.

I actually started this challenge before starting this blog. Sorry! Not much has happened, so it's fine!
This challenge was made by SwallowTail87, but I'm seeing the rules from here. Thanks, anna220!

NOTE: Like other players before me, I'm bending some rules. For example, the 'familyfunds' cheat doesn't work in my game, even with Nightlife installed. Which means that, instead of 3000 simoleons, I start with 20,000.

Goal: We start in the Neanderthals and have to make it to the modern age. I added a little twist, though. In the modern age, say we have 80 Sims. The half of 80 is 40, so we need to get 40 of each supernatural species to populate the Earth.
We have to make five couples: two with Skin 1, two with Skin 4 and one mixed couple, with one person having skin 1 or 2 and the other having skin 3 or 4. They start populating the Earth.

Backstory of every single couple: Because I didn't give them Neanderthals outfits, they all woke up with a stack of clothes next to them, the couples next to each other. They fell in love and gave each other names.
Ella. She was pregnant with baby 2 when I took the pictures.

This is Edgar. He is on a single bed.
The first skin one couple are the Geruda's. Yes, I wasn't thinking when I named their family. They got a baby boy named Allen. I didn't take any pictures until now, so here's a picture of Allen as a child. He seems, um, excited to get in the tent he's been sleeping in every single day since he turned into a child.
Is your face okay?
Aaaaaaaand that brings us to their living situation! You're allowed to have 5 beds for each family, in case you didn't read the rules. Tents count as two beds since two Sims can fit in one tent. I have a hammock, two single beds and a tent. This is the inside of the house, the tent and the hammock: 


 The inside.
The inside is where the single beds are. Ella and Edgar sleep in here. There's a mini kitchen for all those fish (That's what they have to live off of in this challenge). On the left of the toilet, there is a custom potty for toddlers and a sink. 
Tent, hammock and other stuff.

Here we have the tent and hammock. The tent is where Allen sleeps. There's a small dresser, just in case. Using Simwardrobe's gift mod, Allen got a small bonsai as a gift. Yay? Nearby is the dining table. At the back, you can see the four-tile garden. It's been harvested once. They got a head start with garden when it rained on the first day. Well, they're quite lucky!
Turns out that a baby's presence in a room disturbs Sim's sleep (Something I'm not getting much of. I'm up at 2:50 AM writing this!), which is why I put this custom crib here.
They also have a nice little pond like everyone else.
Anyways, the next couple is the second skin 1 couple: the Johnsons! Yup, VERY original last name.
Ruby while going to the toilet.

Here we have Ruby and Emerald. I would've named them the, 'Jewels' but that's gonna be their next child's name. Sorry.
Their child, who Emerald is staring at in the picture, is named Adriano. Yup, quite a fancy name there. I swear the kid and his mom are having a staring contest. 
He's staring back. He accepted the challenge.
Emerald, staring at her baby after using the toilet.
                                                                 Yup, it's a staring contest.

A staring contest that Emerald lost, that is! She immediately fed him afterwards.

Inside
Outside with cool lake.
Moving on to the stuff in and outside of the house!

Inside, we just have our normal things. Bed and stuff. Outside we have a pond and a lake because the bigger one wasn't working. There's a garden o  four tiles, which everyone has. Emerald sleeps inside since she's pregnant pretty much every day and Ruby sleeps on the hammock you can see outside. You might be able to see a hole near the hammock. The wolf did it. It always does it. It had glowing eyes, and dogs with glowing eyes can make Sims werewolves if they're good friends with said Sim. Hm...
Cameron


Camila
Well, anyways, next up are the Smiths!
 Here we have Cameron and Camila, the first Skin 4 couple!
 I got him to kiss her hand for this picture. Camila left their son on the floor for it...

 Alvaro, actually being fed by Cameron while Camila stands there.
Speaking of whom, here's Alvaro! Yeah, he's not on the floor anymore because Cameron fed him. Camila was supposed to do that.
*sigh*
AHEM. Camila, any words?
...
...
...


NO, Camila, sighing while your husband does what YOU were supposed to do isn't a good answer! But it's an answer and I have stuff to show. I'll let you go, Camila.
F O R  N O W
Ahem, moving on to their house and stuff!
I'm not looking at ANYONE in here.
 This is the inside. It's a REALLY small shack. They put a blue catfish on the wall and their baby on the floor as decoration. That's the most special thing. Also, the shack has no roof. Yeah, not the most special place. Not at all. Nope. No one put their baby down to have their hand kissed. NOPE. I'm NOT looking at Camila. Not at all! Ahem...






 This is the outside, where they sleep on the hammocks. This why they don't have to deal with baby Alvaro's presence. Because obviously, babies are a MAJOR disturbance to sleep. ESPECIALLY if they aren't crying! Babies that don't cry are a nuisance to sleep! Totally! Well, anyways, they have a dining table with three seats and behind that a garden. You can see a tree, which I'm getting to.



I made the fridge selectable! :D
They got a tree of all three fruits: orange, apple and lemon. We have the ladybug lofts, but I'll be removing those. We have the pond, too. Of course. Everyone has one. Oh, and you can see some stuff more clearly, too! What? Why is the fridge circled, eagle-eyed unlikely reader? Well, I quite obviously managed to make it selectable! My lifelong dream has been fulfilled! Ah, I'm so satisfied! I can die peacefully now, and I'm still in school! Ahhhhhh!
...you can see me stretching my arms in satisfaction, right?
*cough* Onto the next family!
The second Skin 4 family are the Patricianas. It's ironic, since I doubt they're becoming patricians with that money right now. Hey, at least they have two more generations, right?
Oh, right. You want to see them.
 Nothing to be worried about at all.
This is Thompson. He doesn't seem to be surprised that his arm is in the wall, the sheet on his wife's side is mysteriously floating OR that his wife's baby bump just grew a little. No. It grew a LOT.
Oh, and here's the wife. Her name is... actually, you can guess. You're right if you said Patricia. Ahhhh... me and my naming skills.
Well, Patricia is surprised AND seems happy because of the stuff I mentioned above.

Oh, and she's pregnant with the first child, so if you want to see it, then I guess this will have to count:
Yeah, that's the closest I can get. Say hello to unborn baby Patrick or Ava, whatever the gender will be. Eh, who knows? Moving on to their stuff, outside and inside!
This is their inside. The sink is outside. Nothing special, invisible people inside your bed happens everyday, right?
...
...
.....
...
...
That's what I thought.
MOVING ON!


This is the outside. They have a huge pond with a dining table right next to it for a romantic dinner. Seriously though, they're the MOST romantic couple. In the back, there's a four-tile garden and hammock. The best thing here to look at is, quite obviously, the trashcan! Do you see how it's perfectly round? See the accurate details? See the impossibility of there being a trash can in the Neanderthals?! No? Me neither.


On to the last and my least favourite family: the Uru's. They're the mixed couple. According to Google Translate, quite obviously the best place for translations, 'uru' in Maori means,'mix'. I have a story for why I hate these guys later.
I hate this woman.
This is Alexa. I hate her.
She just tried for a baby with her husband.

In front of their son. Who was lying on the floor.

Now that I think about it, the Patriciana's are NOT the most romantic couple. These guys right over here tried for the baby RIGHT after their son was born.

Why did I name him Orang?
This is Orang. I dislike him.

Notice how I said 'dislike' instead of 'hate'? Well, he was lucky not to get TOO involved with what made me hate Alexa, story's gonna be told later.

The other reason I don't like him is that he makes my horrible naming abilities obvious. TOO obvious.
Their baby's name is Tipua. Yup.
How did putting babies on the ground become a fad even though none of the families have met?
Apparently, it seems as though the Uru family put another decoration on the ground next to Tipua. It's Tipua's own dirty diaper.



Okay, I get it, you guys. You want decoration and while putting the baby on the floor is bad parenting, it's acceptable. But a diaper? Really? That is just injustice. The trashcan wants to eat diapers, why won't you let it?! You monsters.
Here's their stuff.
This is their stuff. They have a loveseat.
Of course. They also have the baby, diaper, a bed, a fridge, counter, toilet and sink.

Boring.

OH, WAIT! I forgot something!

LOOK AT ORANG'S UNDERWEAR!

Ahem. Onto the outside.
This is the reason why I hate Alexa and dislike Orang. At least because of how it WAS like, at least.
Right now, it just has a lake and garden.
Before, it had a LOT of lakes because these idiots couldn't fish in them. I had to exempt them from the rule that you can only eat fish. I decided to give them a bit of money, flattened it a bit and then give them ONE lake. I mainly tested with Alexa. The terrain's all weird now...
There's nothing special right now. BESIDES THAT SKUNK! Look at its colour! What? Who really cares about it? No one! Which is why I mentioned it!

And that wraps up this post- what? Oh. We still have the money thing left.
                     -On hand-                -Net worth-
Uru                  $572                        $6,567
Patriciana        $1,117                     $7,243
Johnson           $481                        $7,883
Geruda            $5,175                     $12,852
Smith              $5,982                     $15,349
Sorry, Smiths! Only Skin 1 or 2 families can be emperors.
I also made a community lot so that people that just moved out can try to find mates. Although, they CAN talk to others passing by their lot. Only the people that are married aren't allowed to talk to people outside of their household.
The lot's name is Meet. I've officially given up on names.
I put SimWardrobe's openable presents here to get the Sims a bit more excited. The well was modded in too. It restores motives and makes your Sim's temperature better. I used move_objects for the star and also used it to put a present in the well, for some reason. There's a table and chairs and you can see a book. It's called the, ''Tattered Diary" and you can get custom memories with it! Plus, your Sims can buy it for free! I put it here just in case Sims committed themselves to each other here.

BONUS:
Cameron: No kissed on the hand for you!
Camila: *sighs*
Alvaro (Because babies can talk): Lemme see! Get the bottle off of my face!
Camila: NO.
Now Alvaro will grow up to hate his mom.


Okay, this wraps up the post for real now! Promise!
(Just in case you wanted to find the series, it's labelled with Test of Time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment